Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Moving on

So as you probably noticed, I actually forgot to do a new Monday Moves. But I thought long and hard about it and decided I will not continue the segment, as the first entry was easy, but that it's more difficult and time consuming to continue it. I'm not saying I couldn't find any new moves, just that it would take longer than I care to spend on it.

That being said, I'm sure I could figure out another series for Mondays. Right now though, let's look at the new trailer for The Dark Knight Rises.



I'd like to speak about Teaser Trailers. Obviously the point is to keep you wanting more. Once the trailer is over, you're left saying " What the f...!" or "Why the f.." or "Where the f.." Basically you can't even finish the swear word because you have nothing to go on. I think these kinds of trailers are not just ridiculously smart on the part of the studio, but also healthy for the audience. In an age where...ok I won't start that way. But, in a time where...ah crap. No matter what, I sound like I'm starting a rant that has some piece of wisdom I've noticed from being a film major.

Anyway, I just think it's good to keep people guessing. In a far fetched comparison, it's why we wrap gifts! If your brand new life size transformer was just sitting in the living room on a late December morning, it would take the excitement and pleasure out of not knowing what you're unwrapping. Although to be realistic, I think you'd probably know by the shape that it was a transformer, no matter how many bows are on it. And I know people who hate surprises..but I think those people lack a certain human gene.

The last thing I will say on the matter, (besides how crazy awesome the movie is gonna be!!) is that enjoy the guessing game now, because once the curtain comes off and there are 3 minute long trailers where you saw the ending and all the actions scenes, you'll be aching for the time where you didn't know exactly what it looked like. That's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment